Your desktop computer is a vital asset and need to be maintained efficiently and effectively. Please observe the following:-
- Desktop computers should never be turned off with the power switch until the operating system has shut down;
- The Scandisk and Defragmenter utility should be executed at least once a month. This will keep the hard drive healthy and prevent crashes;**
- A virus scanner should be executed regularly to continuously monitor and prevent the onslaught of malicious viruses;**
- Old programs and temporary files should be removed and obsolete data should be deleted;**
- The desktop computer keyboard, mouse, monitor and computer case should be cleaned using manufacturer-recommended cleansers and tools.
** Please consult your CIO or ICTSO for steps on how to perform these activities.